IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING THE NOVEL CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)
April 6, 2020
Dear Warren Glen Academy Parent/Guardian,
As of this writing we will be going into our fourth week of distance learning. This indeed has been an interesting, yet stressful time for everyone. The upcoming break between April 10th and April 19th will be a partial welcomed relief. I recognize the great job our teachers and paraprofessionals have been doing during this shutdown. While the word “unprecedented” has been used with regularity, it certainly describes the situation this virus has placed us in with distance learning. I also recognize you, as parents and guardians, your tremendous efforts during this time. The student packets returning to school is evident of the time, effort, and cooperation of your assistance with the instruction of your child. So, thank you. We all hope that you and your family are well and taking the necessary precautions during this pandemic.
There have been a few questions about the upcoming months. After the Spring break we have 38 school days of the year remaining. Until Governor Murphy provides all schools throughout the state the “all clear”, Warren Glen Academy building will remain closed. It is certainly our hope that we return to school this year – and we will be ready to reopen. Meanwhile, as has been discussed previously, this pandemic is a moving target. Each day brings a new set of results and rules. We are in frequent contact with our state and county representatives to review and discuss the guidelines presented. As of this writing;
- there have been no formal announcements or projections about a date of returning to school.
- there has been limited discussion about resuming the ESY program this summer. We certainly hope this pandemic is behind us so we can open for ESY. (We are nonetheless planning for ESY)
- there has been discussion about Awards Night and Graduation. While this achievement night has been canceled, we will evaluate and see if an alternative can be arranged.
- state standardized testing for this year has been cancelled.
- the third marking period has been pushed back a week. Report cards should be arriving sometime during the Spring break.
- as per the recommended guidance we have cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected surface areas, walls, floors, handles, and commonly used materials in the building which includes aerosol spraying.
- teachers have planned “virtual field trips”. While not as much fun, perhaps these can take the place of now cancelled field trips we were to have.
- staff remain available via e-mail and messages as needed.
- our annual fundraiser, Tricky Tray, has been postponed. This is our largest and most profitable fundraiser of the year. We look forward to holding the Tricky Tray at a later date.
Our hallways just aren’t the same without you. We hope to see you soon!
Happy March and April Birthday’s to:
Patrick, Trevor, Nicholas, Liam, Devin, and Joseph
Ms. Corl, Mrs. Welch, Ms. Magierowski, and Mr. Bob
Stay safe and be well. We will get through this together. We are resilient.
Dr. Randy Pratt